Add a meaningful comment and I'll visit your blog and leave a comment. No reciprocal comments for spammers.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Disney Channel and Nickelodeon

Between the two channels I am going to go insane.  Through the fault of my own I suppose, the television is almost always on Disney Channel or Nickelodeon when my kids are home.  What does that mean?  I can watch iCarly, Good Luck Charlie, Suite Life, Sponge Bob, or Phinease and Ferb at least 3 times a day. When watched one at a time they are good shows and I'm sure I would have watched them religiously when I was younger.  Some weeks it feels like they only created 3 episodes on each program.  I'm constantly thinking to myself "didn't we just see this one two days ago."  The kids are never empathetic so I don't bother wasting my breath to suggest we JUST saw the given episode.

When I was a kid there were no marathons of tv shows.  I would have watched the Facts of Life over and over if they had a marathon. 

The kids grew out of the toddler Disney programs in about 5 years.  How long before I am relieved of the boredom I face with the repeats of the Disney and Nick shows?  It will have to be a while, because the alternative leaves a lot to be desired?  These two channels are the only places where people aren't swearing in every show or in a commercials.  I suppose when I think of the alternative, I can live with the repeats and be grateful that my kids aren't begging to watch the alternative.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh.....my life has been taken over by these 2 channels.

    ReplyDelete